JOB TITLE: FINANCE ASSISTANT
REFERENCE NUMBER: FNC/C2R/01/2022
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Connect To Retain (C2R) is a community-based organization based in Kilifi County, Kenya, that conducts high quality policy-relevant programs on health, education, entrepreneurship and related development issues across the coastal region of Kenya.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree (Undergraduate or equivalent) in Accounting, Finance or a related field; with at least CPA II.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in Finance and Accounting working with government, multilateral organizations and/or NGO/civil society organizations;
- More education, experience, or additional certifications and licenses may be required.
- Proficiency with computers and bookkeeping software, strong typing skills.
- Exceptional time management and verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles.
- Professional manner and a strong ethical code.
- Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive.
- Commitment to working efficiently and accurately.
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team
- Assisting with budgets
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Entering financial information into appropriate software programs
- Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies
- Verifying bank deposits
- Managing day-to-day transactions
- Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget
- Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements
- Posting daily receipts
- Reporting on debtors and creditors
- Handling accruals and prepayments
- Encoding accounting entries for data processing
- Sorting financial documents and posting them to the proper accounts
- Resolving errors in financial reports and correcting faulty reporting methods
- Report to the Finance Manager
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications and CV along with contacts of three referees and expectations to email@example.com with the reference number as the subject. Applications should reach us NOT later than 19TH JULY 2022.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contracted.
Connect To Retain is an equal opportunity employer.
Connect To Retain does not charge a fee at any stage of recruitment process (application and interview meeting). We do not ask for information on applicant’s bank account either.